• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting Multiple Pages

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to highlight multiple pages in FrameMaker on Windows 10 (drag the mouse across multiple lines, across multiple pages) the software crashes. I'm trying to highlight bulk content to paste the content into another file, and the software constantly crashes and displays the following message:

Adobe FrameMaker 2019 is not responding

[Close the Program]

[Wait for program to respond]

I can wait all day and night and it will not respond. Instead, I select Close the Program. Although the software generates recovery files and data is not usually lost (if I remembered to Save beforehand), I assume this is not by design. It has been happening for so long that I have learned to just select all or select small portions at a time. However, if it's been a while since I've performed this task, I usually forget to follow this work around and spend the rest of the day hating myself.

Is there a projected date in which this known bug will be fixed???? I personally cannot wait for the day to come!

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Jane, what version of FrameMaker are you using? Is this limited to the version you are using now, or has it been happening over multiple versions?

Sometimes, resetting preferences will help with these oddities. See https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-resetting-preferences/.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sometimes happens to me.

However, you can also select text in FrameMaker by pressing Shift and clicking with the mouse at the beginning of the text you wish to select, and then doing the same at the end of the text you wish to select.

All the text in between is selected.

When you do this, Frame does not shut down or cause strange problems.

If you look in the help for Text Selection, it seems that there a number of additional keyboard combinations available, which can also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CarolineTa,

Does this happen also in FM 2020?

Can you reproduce this issue? You should write a report in the Adobe Tracker, so that Adobe can fix this.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

Does a MIF wash of the file help?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines