Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal text alignment in DITA table cell

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am working in Dita 1.3.  I have created a table.  I am able to adjust the column widths and position of the table on the page.  However, I cannot find a way to center the text in each column. I can use the center selection  but after the document is saved and then reopened the text in each cell reverts to left justification.  Is this limitation of DITA or am I missing something.

Thanks

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do local formatting in FrameMaker, it gets "lost" when you open the topic again because the dita content is read into the template each time you open it. Local formatting doesn't get saved. You have to do formatting through either a template change or with attributes. For example, if the entry has an align attribute, you would set the value to "center" (or whatever).

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, so much. Exactly what I needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines