• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hotspot graphic

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After loading the cgm file into frame maker i have to link the hot spot in the graphic to the text part in the frame maker file.

I am not getting the hot spot link defined by the illustrator in the graphic.

Sample cgm file in the below path

C:\Program Files\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker12\Structure\xml\S1000D\Resources\install\Bike\samples\illustr ations\ICN-S1000DBIKE-AAA-D000000-0-U8025-00536-A-04-1.cgm

Thank you in advance

Anil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Hotspots imported from CGM graphic (or a PDF) unfortunately get stripped out by FM's import filters [known issue].

There was vigorous discussion in November of 2012 by the beta-testers about this after the FM11-release for inclusion in FM12, but it looks like nothing much came of it [ i.e. too much work or too difficult for the engineers  ].

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to first define the target location of the link, i.e. you insert a "newlink target-name" hypertext marker at the destination location.

Then you select the imported graphic and use either the context or Graphics menu to select the HotSpot Properties... option.

Finally select the desired destination marker (that you already have inserted) to make the link.

cgm_hotspot_link.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis, if this is just a continuation of this earlier thread:

hot spot in frame maker 12 for CGM file

then the issue is that the CGM already has hot spots, but they are not surviving into the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hotspots imported from CGM graphic (or a PDF) unfortunately get stripped out by FM's import filters [known issue].

There was vigorous discussion in November of 2012 by the beta-testers about this after the FM11-release for inclusion in FM12, but it looks like nothing much came of it [ i.e. too much work or too difficult for the engineers  ].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: Hotspots imported from CGM graphic (or a PDF) unfortunately get stripped out by FM's import filters [known issue].

Do I read you imply that this was working, and FM12 broke it? And is it just hotspots, or any links in the object?

As mentioned on the earlier thread, in FM7, I was able to import a page from a PDF that had links in it, and render the new document to a PDF, in which the imported object's links still worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing to break. It was never implemented [even as discussed].

What kind of links were these in the PDF that you imported? If they were standard URIs, then it's quite possible that Acrobat's option to turn any valid-looking URI into a link might be the reason it appears to work. AFAIK, FM's import filters strip out all hotspots in the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: If they were standard URIs, then it's quite possible that Acrobat's option to turn any valid-looking URI into a link might be the reason it appears to work.

And on second look, you would be correct. The link I checked was in a URI text string. Others on the page that were content nav text with hypertext in the source document did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the confirmation, that hot spot will not survive by importing the cgm to framemaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines