• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can determine what fonts a framemaker template uses?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for me to, preferably programmatically (via script, or looking at MIF versions) determine what Framemaker templates use a specific font?  For instance, given a directory full of templates, is there a way to query them as a group to determine which reports use, say, Futura Book?  I could do it template by template if necessary.  Non-programmatic responses welcome too :-).

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know about how to access the information elegantly, but a .mif file contains <FontCatalog> and <PgfCatalog> sections with entries for each style in the document. I _believe_ that the .book file (saved out as .mif) _may_ contain all the definitions from the component .fm files, including:

<FPlatformName `W.Arial.R.400'>

<FFamily `Arial'>

There's no guarantee, though, that a style defined in the catalogue is applied to any of the document content; you'd need to clean the styles catalogues first.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Silicon Prairie Software makes an inexpensive plugin called Paragraph Tools which might give you the information you need. Silicon Prairie - FrameMaker Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines