• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add bookmarks within a generated Index in FM2019?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of FM, it was possible to add automatically bookmarks within a generated Index. This seems to be lost in the latest version.

I have a document that has an Index containing 77 pages in the current version, which I update almost daily. Until FM2019, I was able to have bookmarks that subdivided the Index alphabetically, which saved a lot of scrolling. Does anyone have a work around that could restore that facility??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Hi,

I just tested this, and this works.

What I did:

Create a sample document with some index markers.

Create an index and update the book.

Copy the GroupTitlesIX paragraph format to the first file in the book (so that it appears in the list of paragraphs) and update the book.

Then select all files in the book and open the PDF Setup dialog and move GroupTitlesIX to the list of paragraphs for PDF bookmarks.

Then update the book and create the PDF.

I checked whether the opion "Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tested this, and this works.

What I did:

Create a sample document with some index markers.

Create an index and update the book.

Copy the GroupTitlesIX paragraph format to the first file in the book (so that it appears in the list of paragraphs) and update the book.

Then select all files in the book and open the PDF Setup dialog and move GroupTitlesIX to the list of paragraphs for PDF bookmarks.

Then update the book and create the PDF.

I checked whether the opion "Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF generation" made any difference. However, both worked.

I have FM 2019.0.3.603. However, I doubt whether this does not work in a previous version.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Winifried,

It worked like a charm. Thank you very much. You have saved me quite a bit of time.

Regards, Marshall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines