• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get Frame to stop un-conditionalizing my cross references?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several cross-references (<Hyperlink>“<$paratext>”\ <Default ¶ Font>on page\ <$pagenum>). in my document that are marked as 'condition A'. When I initially mark them with the conditional tag, everything is fine, but when I update the book, the "on page xx" looses its conditional tag, while the rest of the reference stays marked as conditional.  This does not happen to every conditional cross-reference throughout the doc, but when it happens to a given cross reference, it happens to that reference consistently. Does anyone know what causes this and what I can do to fix it?

This is in a book containing ~15 frame files, some of the references go from one file to another, others stay within their file. Some point to text also marked as 'condition A', others do not.

In case this matters:

Windows 7

FrameMaker 2017 version 14.0.4.511

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TWImelrod:

I haven't see this before, but since it's only happening with a few x-refs, but consistently with those x-refs, did you try deleting the offending x-refs entirely and then re-crossing referencing them? Does that take care of the issue?

If you think you've uncovered a bug, here is the place to report it:  Tracker.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, deleting and re-adding the x-ref does not do the trick. The whole x-ref is conditional when I re-add it, but once I update the book, the 'on page xx' still de-conditionilizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TWImelrod:

The same ones de-conditionilize after you delete and re-add them, while the others remain OK?

And you are using the same x-ref definition for the ones that de-conditionilize themselves and the ones that don't?

Sounds like it is time to report it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact issue the other day. Closed down my machine for the day, made a note to 're conditionalise' everything the next day. When I opened it up the next day, all the page numbers were conditionalised as they should have been. Try saving and closing everything down, and opening again. Just tested this in 2019 and it works. YMMV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your fix seems to partially work- I tried the following, and got the following results:

• Thursday I opened the book for the first time in a few days. The x-refs had fixed themselves. Updating the book removed the conditional tag from 'on page xx'.
  • Shut down my computer and left for the day thursday. When I re-opened everything friday, the x-refs had fixed themselves. Updating the book still removed the conditional tag from the 'on page xx'.  (this repeated closing everything on friday, and re-opening on monday)
  • After updating and saving friday, I closed frame entirely, and minutes later, re-opened the book. The x-refs were still half-conditional.
  • I closed frame, restarted my computer, and reopened the book. The x-refs were still half conditional.

So tl:dr, your fix seems to work when everything is closed overnight, but not for shorter periods of time.

Thank you for your help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines