• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get the Paragraph Tags to carry forward to Stand alone TOC?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also don't carry forward into stand-alone List of Tables

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paragraph tags you are calling into the TOC or LOT do get carried forward, but are renamed with the generated file's suffix. For example, if your Table of Contents calls in ChapterTitles and Heading1s from the source files, they appear as ChapterTitleTOC and Heading1TOC. Similarly, if you want a list of TableTitles, they will be called TableTitleLOT in the list of tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I do see that, but the Section Numbers (and Table Numbering) are not carrying forward. For example, when the Standalone TOC (or LOT) is generated, it is - indeed - carrying the title of the section over, but not any of the section numbering. So, instead of getting 1.1 COMPANY INFORMATION, it is coming over as Company information (no numbering). The same applies to the Figure Numbers. We have several users here and none of us can seem to get the numbering and formats to carry forward. The hyperlinks also seem to have become intermittent.

Again, thank you for the information you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that you need to look at how the TOC and LOT tags are defined in the reference pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be on to something, Jeff. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the Section Numbers (and Table Numbering) are not carrying forward.

Ah, the numbers, not the tags. That's the default. You'll need to add building blocks to the Reference pages.

Here's a post I wrote for a student on adding chapter numbers:
Adobe FrameMaker: Including Chapter Numbers in a Table of Contents - Rocky Mountain Training

For 1.1, it's likely you would need <$chapnum>.<$paranum> in front of <$paratext> and figure numbers would likely use <$paranum> or <$paranumonly>, but these are best guesses without seeing your numbering properties. If they don't work, come back and we'll help you figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines