• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add alphanumeric page numbers to TOC in FrameMaker 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project and I need my TOC to display alphanumeric page numbers for my appendices.  The actual appendices have appropriate alphanumeric numbering.  However, when the page number display in the TOC, it is just the number "1".  I tried going to the reference page and put "A+-" for the appendices following Appendix A hoping it would then provide "B-1", "C-1" and "D-1" but this did not happen.  I got "A+-1" for all appendices. I also tried putting <$paratext> before the <$paranum> but that did not work either.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Edrice Angry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Hi Edrice:

In the book window, right click Appendix A and set the chapter numbering properties to Chapter 1, ALPHABETIC. For Appendix B-infinity, choose ALPHABETIC and Continue Numbering from Previous Chp in Book.
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 12.16.04 PM.png

On the TOC reference page, add <$chapnum>– in front of the <$pagenum> building block.
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 12.17.08 PM.png

Update your book:

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 12.19.19 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edrice:

In the book window, right click Appendix A and set the chapter numbering properties to Chapter 1, ALPHABETIC. For Appendix B-infinity, choose ALPHABETIC and Continue Numbering from Previous Chp in Book.
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 12.16.04 PM.png

On the TOC reference page, add <$chapnum>– in front of the <$pagenum> building block.
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 12.17.08 PM.png

Update your book:

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 12.19.19 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!  You are amazing!  It definitely fixed my concern and it is working beautifully now!!

Edrice Angry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines