• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I cite external references so I can have a list of references such as

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preferably with the references appearing in the order they appear in the book and them be able to refer to them in the text in different formats:

1. see [3]

2. refer to [3] 1114002-EB

3. see [3] 1114002-EB SCANTER 4000 Series Power Rack

I have used Latex with bibtex before and would like something similar, there you have a list of references with identifiers and them refer to them and compile a list of references.

Is that possible in Framemaker 12?

Thank you

jusn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

The answer to the first part of your question is easy:
1. set up a paragraph style, using autonumbering, for the booklist entries

biblio_01.png

2. use a cross-reference to pull in <$paranum> (plus any formatting you fancy) for a reference to just the number

biblio_02.png

The answer to the third part is similar: use a cross-reference to pull in <$paranum> and <$paratext> (plus any formatting you fancy) for a full reference to the entry in the booklist

biblio_03.png

As for the second part, I don't know off-hand. You might be able to do someth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to the first part of your question is easy:
1. set up a paragraph style, using autonumbering, for the booklist entries

biblio_01.png

2. use a cross-reference to pull in <$paranum> (plus any formatting you fancy) for a reference to just the number

biblio_02.png

The answer to the third part is similar: use a cross-reference to pull in <$paranum> and <$paratext> (plus any formatting you fancy) for a full reference to the entry in the booklist

biblio_03.png

As for the second part, I don't know off-hand. You might be able to do something where you use a table instead of a single style for the booklist entries, then define different styles for each column of the table and set up complex cross-refs to one, two or all three bits of information – but this would be error-prone. See if you can persuade your readers to accept the two easy options.

Post again if you need more information about the details. Oh, and I'd avoid double tabs … even if they didn't look suspiciously like Word ;-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

I would still like to know if there is a bibtex like function, so that I can update a list of references that I can then use in all my documentation?

and if there is a way to edit what appears when using the building block <paratext> so the whole text does not appear?

jusn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines