Source book has mix of letter and tabloid files. Distiller is configured to tabloid as default. Cannot make any entries in page size fields in the Publish Settings window, so they remain blank. Use Acrobat Distiller is Checked. Using either Save As PDF or Publish feature: PDF is produced all Letter size. FM 2019/Distiller DC-all updates. This all worked as expected in FM 12. Thanks for suggestions to resolve.
FM 2019 (18.104.22.1683)
I tested this now with a new files (DIN A4 and DIN A3) in a book.
What I noticed:
It could be that I have mixed up some of the settings as you can set the page size in different dialogs, but you can get it to work.
FM 19 v. 22.214.171.1243 (FM 17 as well)
I use a different method that distills each FM size separately then replaces the relevant pages in the primary file. The process may be clumsier than forcing the software to obey commands, but when you're in a rush, it works like a charm, and if I need to fix a mistake, it doesn't take a lot of time to do it over.
I typically have letter-sized as normal, and legal-sized as the inserted pages. That's how I wrote this instruction set.
Hope this helps! (Meanwhile, I'm going to investigate using the previous method to see how that works.)
Under #7, the phrase "master FM pages" does not refer to actual master pages, only to the main copy in FM.
Update by original poster, as of today.
1. Mixed pages are only possible in a book. Yes, this has always been true. Works just fine if Distiller is not selected.
2. Output must be done as batch (no post-production page manipulation) as this would be a massive job and would break all the links to/from the affected pages.
3. The reported failure ONLY occurs when PDF Settings Settings is set to use Distiller.
4. Distiller MUST be used to process pdfmarks (there are hundreds of these).
5. At this point, Adobe representative has reproduced the reported behavior but has not yet responded with either a workaround or an indication that this will be fixed as a bug.
An update will be posted when some final resolution is settled with Adobe.
Thank you all for your suggestions!
When someone from Adobe had contacted you, I am confident that this will get fixed.
Had you created an issue report in Adobe Tracker?
Then it's easier for Adobe to track your issue, and others can vote for it. Please post the issue number here.
In my test different page sizes work, when you create a PostScript file and distill this to a PDF. This also works with pdfmarks. Therefore you have a work-around.
The failure in FM 2019 64-bit to preserve mixed page sizes in PDF, when using Save As PDF with Distiller, has been logged as Bug 6663. The bug does not exhibit without the Distiller. For those who need to use Distiller, the traditional method of printing to PostScript then Distilling continues to work properly.