Highlighted

How do I create a new document for a book?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FM 10.  Have a book with one document in it.  But am unable to create a second document.   I click on the Create New Document in the Book file, type in the name of the document with an "fm" ending in the "New" screen.  But when I press on "go", it acts like I am looking for a document already out there.  It says, "File not found, check the file name and try again".  How do I get it to create a new file rather than act like I am looking for an already existing file?  What's wrong with the system?  This has never happened before.

Earle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I create a new document for a book?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FM 10.  Have a book with one document in it.  But am unable to create a second document.   I click on the Create New Document in the Book file, type in the name of the document with an "fm" ending in the "New" screen.  But when I press on "go", it acts like I am looking for a document already out there.  It says, "File not found, check the file name and try again".  How do I get it to create a new file rather than act like I am looking for an already existing file?  What's wrong with the system?  This has never happened before.

Earle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you click on an icon for Create New Document in the

book file? There is no such thing. There is an Add File icon, which lets

you add an existing file to the book. To create a new document, use

File> New> Document or Ctrl+N to create it. Then use the Add File button

in the book to add it to the book.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the complexity of Master Pages, and Cross-References to other book component files, not to mention all the elements defined in Catalogs, it generally save time to:

1. open an existing book component file
  2. save-as some new file name
  3. add to book
  4. save book
  5. select all of Flow A and delete it
  6. save (to delete empty pages)
  7. edit away

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2015 0