• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable FM to read my page numbers correctly in the TOC?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the page numbers set as I want them in each file of the book. The files are:

1. cover

2. TOC roman

3. LOT roman

4. content numeric

The LOT reads the page numbers correctly however the TOC does not, it is not clear what it is doing as it starts listing with 1 as wanted but the remaining page numbers continue to be wrong ending up with being off by 5 pages at the end of a 44 page document.

I have been all over the forum and went through everything I could find and I can't seem to fix it. Can someone please offer some guidance?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Hmmm. Is the TOC getting updated when you update your book? Are both the TOC and the LOT listed in the Generate list in the Update Book dialog box? If that isn't the issue, could you share a screen shot of your book window with all the files selected, all the way down to the bottom row (which shows the page numbers), along with the first page of the TOC and the first page of the LOT?

VMware Fusionss_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Is the TOC getting updated when you update your book? Are both the TOC and the LOT listed in the Generate list in the Update Book dialog box? If that isn't the issue, could you share a screen shot of your book window with all the files selected, all the way down to the bottom row (which shows the page numbers), along with the first page of the TOC and the first page of the LOT?

VMware Fusionss_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb, It was not updating since it was not in the list for updating book. I deleted the TOC and recreated and problem solved. I should have noticed this. This is still a new program to me that I don't get to use very often. I figured it was something simple I was missing, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always happy to help, Karen.

If you have questions down the road, don't hesitate to come back and ask us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Round the edges of this, here's the sort of thing I'd expect to see in the book panel. This is the best place to start when you want changes in numbering and number format.

pageNumbering.png

My apologies for the screen captures, which have decided to replace a very visible blue highlight under im_xenteoLOF.fm and im_xeo_about.fm with an almost invisible grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines