• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find the Allowed Data Range for an element definition

Enthusiast ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker 2017 and ExtendScript. In my EDD I have an element that has its content defined as INTEGER. It also has an allowable range defined, in this case it's 'From 2 To 11'. This all works just fine in the EDD and in the structured documents.

When I try to handle the data range definition through ExtendScript there is no way to get the ElementDef.AllowedDataRange. It is mentioned in the scripting guide, but is not available in the ESTK. Any thoughts before I post a bug report?

Ian

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Testing with FM2015, I see the same thing. For fun, I tried it with the FDK and it worked OK. But I don't see the property anywhere in ES.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Russ,

Thanks for looking at this. I've posted a bug: FRMAKER-3653. I hope it gets a few votes...

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines