• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Responsive HTML5 output that uses the ".html" extension instead of ".htm"?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive HTML5 output from FrameMaker 2019 uses the ".htm" filename extension. How do I get output that uses the standard ".html" filename extension?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't they the same anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to the localization strings management vendor I'm working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most localization companies I've read about would take your FM files, not the output to translate. Anyways, I know of no setting that you can set to control the extension of the output files inside FM. I think you're going to have to run a post-output find & replace to fix the files to the desired extension without busting the references inside them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe letting them just rename the files has a learning effect? 😉

That said, why do you send them the htm files at all - and not the source files? If you send them the htm files, don't you need to resend them through the translation process with them everytime you genereate a new output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussing the post processing impact doesn't address my question.

Is ".htm" hardcoded into FM? That extension is a throwback to very old Windows restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, I asked a more programming-savvy colleague for help with a similar question and now use a single line in a cygwin window

for file in shwa_*; do mv "$file" "$file.dita"; done

This reads all filenames starting with shwa_and renames them by appending .dita

I imagine an equivalent for you could be something like this, but I'm not promising :-}

for file in *htm; do mv "$file" "$filel"; done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But would that command fix all the refs inside all the files too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines