• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I hide the footer on a title page of a .fm file?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a simple Framemaker file that has a title page as its first page. I do not want the footer I create on the master page to display on the title page. Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Short of picking up Matt's bible of FrameMaker (he did write the book - literally) - check out Barb's blog post - Adobe FrameMaker: Creating Custom Master Pages - Rocky Mountain Training

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC you can go about doing this in 2 ways - use the same file but apply a different master page to the title page or use a separate file to act as the title page in the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might sound really dumb, but how do you create a new master page and assign it to a particular page? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of picking up Matt's bible of FrameMaker (he did write the book - literally) - check out Barb's blog post - Adobe FrameMaker: Creating Custom Master Pages - Rocky Mountain Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footer is defined on a master page, so as Jeff mentioned, create another master page that omits the footer, and apply it to the first page in your file.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines