Highlighted

How do I make a custom superscript letter in a circle?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends.

I know the shortcuts for getting the © and ® but what if I just want random letters to appear in circles as superscripts? For example, if I'm referring to items a, b, and c on a drawing and I want these to appear in circles.

Thanks for the insight!

Meredith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I make a custom superscript letter in a circle?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends.

I know the shortcuts for getting the © and ® but what if I just want random letters to appear in circles as superscripts? For example, if I'm referring to items a, b, and c on a drawing and I want these to appear in circles.

Thanks for the insight!

Meredith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: ...what if I just want random letters to appear in circles as superscripts?

How random? Presuming that
you are on a version of FM (8+) that sort of supports Unicode, and
you have a font available that populates the Enclosed Alphanumerics block, and
all you need is a-z or A-Z, then
you only need to know how to apply a Character Format (if necessary), and
type arbitrary Unicode code points, like U+24D0 (circled a).

A couple of things that won't work are:
doing these characters as autonumbers, or
doing them as ordinary letters followed by the Unicode combining circle U+20DD (unless later versions of FM have more Unicode support than I'd guess).

Plan B is to create an anchored frame (at insertion point) with an elevated (superscript) vector art circle (SVG or EPS), and text box within it, containing the letter. This could be an autonumber, but perhaps more usefully, could be an Xref, perhaps to a callout number elsewhere. I've used this hack on pre-Unicode FMs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2017 0