Exit

How do I make Table of Figures numbering the same as in Book numbering

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My List of Figures in Figure 1 - 1 text, Figure 1 - 42 text

My Captions are Figure I - 1 text, Figure II - 1 etc

I either need to have captions numbered from previous section of LOF to be divided by Section.

Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unclear as to exactly what you are looking for. Can you post screen shots of a page with figures and captions and the intended look for the LOF? And I'm not following the numbering as it moves from arabic to roman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

conseq nmbers.PNGI get a consecutive list of all images when i run List Of Figures on Book.

I also get the section number of the first section which has no figures and i had called it 1. This eems to be the way it is listed as happening in the "help" and would be swell if the figure captions would count up from previous chapter, section etc.

I have been unsuccessful at  running the caption numbers across all documents or sections (5 of them, I,II,III,IV,V) so put section numbers in as well at the autonumber. This value does show correctly when i run LOF for each document section. see below.sect I.PNGsect II.PNG

The help says that the list will generate as from the first chapter---which it did. Can i run the list after the last chapter? That selection was grayed out when i tried. OR can to get 1 listing with with caption count up across chapters like page numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me... I'm still trying to understand the question.

I get a consecutive list of all images when i run List Of Figures on Book.

That is this image, and the stand-alone LOF is working correctly, right? Obviously the image only shows the images from the first chapter but this works?

Safariss_003.png

So is the question how to generate a separate list with your captions, your caption numbers and have section heads in between the sections? If I have the question right:

1. Add a List of Paragraphs to your book:.
    VMware Fusionss_011.png
  2. Add the SectionHeads and the FigureCaptions.
  3. On the LOP reference page add <$paranum> in front of <$paratext> on the FigureCaptionLOP
  4. Update the book.
  5. Format as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank sounds like it might do my job! I will run it tomorrow”!!! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines