• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I overcome installer initialization problem with FrameMaker 2015 trial version?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 2015 trial installation: Installer stops, saying it cannot initialize and pointing me to the Adobe Support Advisor, a tool which discontinued apparently. I get the error message in my language (German) irrespective of which language trial version I downloaded. My Win7Pro computer already had FM8 installed, but this one now requires me to register again, which fails.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Awesome. Glad this could be solved. AchmedMUC‌, it would be great, if you could mark Ajit's answer as "Correct Answer", so that this thread is marked as closed / solved.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Greetings from Adobe...!

Kindly perform the below steps and see if that makes any difference-

1. For Windows 64 bit OS- Go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe' rename OOBE folder to OOBE_old  (or)  For Windows 32 bit OS- Go to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe' rename OOBE folder to OOBE_old. After that try to run the setup and see if that works.
  2. You may also try to download/update the Adobe Application Manager either by launching Creative Cloud Desktop App or can also do it manually by visiting the following link- https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4773&fileID=4437   
  3. Incase the above steps doesn't work, then try to enable the local admin account on your machine and login under that account and try to run the setup of Framemaker 2015 and see if that works.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So great, it works! Actually I performed Step 1 only and now both FM2015

and FM8 are working (again).

Thank you and best regards!

Achim

Am 31.01.2016 um 15:48 schrieb AJIT_M:

>

How do I overcome installer initialization problem with

FrameMaker 2015 trial version?

created by AJIT_M <https://forums.adobe.com/people/AJIT_M> in

/FrameMaker/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8447093#8447093>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome. Glad this could be solved. AchmedMUC‌, it would be great, if you could mark Ajit's answer as "Correct Answer", so that this thread is marked as closed / solved.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines