• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the glossary tab from Responsive HTML5 Online Help?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked Edit Settings for Responsive HTML5. I opened the Edit Layout button and changed Show Glossary to false. However, when I publish the help, the glossary tab still displays. How do I remove the glossary tab? I am using FrameMaker 2015 on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

I believe this was an error in the skins provided with Fm 2015. see Framemaker 15 Publisher Woes - ignores HTML5 layout settings for more discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this was an error in the skins provided with Fm 2015. see Framemaker 15 Publisher Woes - ignores HTML5 layout settings for more discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt. This seems like this is the correct answer. Do you know if there are any workarounds I can use? Maybe a location in the files that controls the layout so I can remove it manually? I looked but didn't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd check the 2017 trial to see if that solves your issue. There are some nifty changes in the interface in 2017, and you should find that the fix to the skins is also there. (using the current Fm version may solve your issue)

I imagine you might be able to grab the 2017 skin for Fm 2015, but that's beyond what I have time to check this week.

If downloading the trial isn't an option, which skin are you using? IIRC, the Azure or Charcoal skin worked as expected. Check what you have available, and find one that allows you to remove the tabs. Then customize that skin to match your branding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can find the 2017 trial and if that works. I am currently using the Azure skin, so I can try the Charcoal skin and see if there is a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines