Highlighted

How do I separate elements in a footer?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to insert variables and text in a footer, but I am trying to separate the different elements for example, I would like the title on the left side of the footer and the page# on the right side. I've experimented with tab stops, but it is not giving me the desired results. Thanks in advance.

I would have thought you'd be OK, as long as you've set up the tabs you want in your footer style. Mine looks like this …

tabsInFooter.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I separate elements in a footer?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to insert variables and text in a footer, but I am trying to separate the different elements for example, I would like the title on the left side of the footer and the page# on the right side. I've experimented with tab stops, but it is not giving me the desired results. Thanks in advance.

I would have thought you'd be OK, as long as you've set up the tabs you want in your footer style. Mine looks like this …

tabsInFooter.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2018 0
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tabsInFooter.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 3
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. The trick is, to set up a dedicated paragraph style (maybe 2, for facing pages) and then define left/right-aligned tabulators for them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Makes sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was spending too much time at the footer level itself, rather than at Paragraph Designer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0