• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I structure the table of contents in the responsive html5 output?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does FrameMaker use to create this table of contents for the responsive html5 output? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

The table of contents is produced in this example from the title elements of the DITA Source content (topics in a ditamap).

For unstructured FrameMaker files, the TOC is produced from the Book's TOC. The logic is explained in help topic "Format TOC for publish".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the structure comes from your book's TOC - or are you asking if the FM help is authored & published in FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asking what FrameMaker uses to create the table of contents in its responsive HTML5 output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It uses the book_nameTOC.fm file that you create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your specific example looks like Fm's internal help system, which I do not believe is published via FrameMaker.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see in the screenshot is FrameMaker's Responsive HTML5 online help. It is produced with Adobe FrameMaker 2017 from the DITA Source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The table of contents is produced in this example from the title elements of the DITA Source content (topics in a ditamap).

For unstructured FrameMaker files, the TOC is produced from the Book's TOC. The logic is explained in help topic "Format TOC for publish".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Necro-ing this post to thank you. This. Was. Driving. Me. Crazy. I would never have guessed that font size/weight would have been the reason my heading levels in the nav panel were stacked wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines