Highlighted

how do you format pages numbers in a book?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to FM. how do you format page numbers in a book?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Arnis_Gubins | Most Valuable Participant

You have to go the Master Pages and apply the desired formatting there (either Paragraph or Character Style depending upon how it's set up on those pages). If you have templates, then modify those and re-import them into the appropriate files of the book (File > Import > Formats).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how do you format pages numbers in a book?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to FM. how do you format page numbers in a book?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Arnis_Gubins | Most Valuable Participant

You have to go the Master Pages and apply the desired formatting there (either Paragraph or Character Style depending upon how it's set up on those pages). If you have templates, then modify those and re-import them into the appropriate files of the book (File > Import > Formats).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If completely new to FM, I'd recommend picking up a copy of Matt R. Sullivan's FM bible starting with Publishing Fundamentals and working your way up to his Creating & Publishing Content one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff!

Actually, Gina, the books have been updated for a number of FrameMaker versions. See my website for details on the Fm 11, Fm 2015, and Fm 2017 versions.

http://techcommtools.com/books/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2018 1