• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does one assign change bars to the contents of an anchored frame?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assigning change bars to text in FrameMaker 10 appears to give inconsistent results. Sometimes I can select the contents of an anchored frame and assign a change bar to it. Other times, only the marker is assigned a change bar and not the contents of the anchored frame.

Also, sometimes I can select a table and assign a continuous change bar to it. Other times, a separate change bar is assigned to individual rows of the table.

Are there any workarounds for this inconsistency?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Revend element in my EDD that I place after the Anchored Frame. When the change Bar is set for both the Anchored Frame and the Revend element, it extends the length of the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use anchored frames for graphics, and use a separate style for the paragraph where the anchor is placed. If I want a change bar for the graphic, I then select the paragraph and apply the condition.

I also have a separate style for table anchors. Unfortunately, selecting that paragraph and applying a condition only gives a tiny change bar for the anchor itself. If I had to mark a whole table, the only satisfactory method I've found so far is to do it cell by cell – I don't want the sawhorse effect FM gleefully applies at table level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines