Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how i read FrameMaker (.fm) file using java

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,

I want to parse the abc.fm file using java so anyone can please tell me which API  use to parse the abc.fm file.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a program called FrameViewer (I think) that allowed you to view FM content without having FM installed, but I don't think it's still out there. Good luck in your quest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I want to parse the abc.fm file using java ...

Why do you need to do this?

re: ... so anyone can please tell me which API  use to parse the abc.fm file.

I'm not aware of any available APIs (but I could be mistaken). Normally, when people need to parse the internal structure of an FM document, they first open it in FM, then re-save it as MIF.

MIF is human-readable, largely documented, and writing code to parse abc.mif is straightforward, although a bit arcane. I've done it (but have no real desire to do it again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob for the reply.

Can you please tell me which API use to parse the data from abc.mif File.

Because I want to get specific data from the abc,mif file and create a new file from that data.

Or can you please tell me any API which converts my .mif  file to .xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no API to parse a MIF file. MIF (Maker Interchange Format) is a simple, plain text "tagged" file. It can be relatively easily parsed. You can open a MIF file in any plain text editor like Notepad.

However, FrameMaker as an application also has a comprehensive API.

You can find the FDK (FrameMaker Developer Kit) in the FrameMaker Developer Center. You can create your own "client" with C/C++ which could open a binary FrameMaker document ("abc.fm") and then walk through the objects of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a very similar problem to yours now. (The problem is to extract the content of the text layer in the .fm file through Java) May I ask how you solved it? so annoying this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply!
I'm a Java development engineer and I want to do the same, but got the demand like this. Need to convert the extracted text without Framemaker.
bro hope you understand me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines