• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is the Adobe Technical Communication Suite specifically better than the MadPak Professional Suite?

Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No further details than what was stated in the question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer - that depends.

Longer answer - since suites generally give you a price break on the component parts, you really need to examine the individual parts of each suite and compare them with each other. Are you just starting out fresh or do you have legacy content in one or the other? That would impact your decision-making too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy content as from other sources or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legacy content as in old FM docs or old Flare material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPS and TCS appear entirely dissimilar.

From my perspective, TCS mainly adds RH and full Acrobat to FM. I'm not sure I'd have any real use for Captivate or Presenter, but some might. RH turns FM into a multi-path publishing tool. FM already has collaboration features.

Not having looked at it lately, my impression was that Flare has been a multi-path publishing tool all along. What's added with MPS looks like mostly useless shovelware in terms of my needs. Yours might vary, such as the translation support add-on.

I might add that it's not surprising that questions of this sort arise here, because Adobe's product pages are utterly and completely useless to anyone seeking decision support information, instead of flashy content-free web fodder. I had to look through back traffic in the forum to find a link to a simple summary of what exactly is in TCS for the current release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines