• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many TOC can you nest?

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 books, each with several chapters and their own TOC covering their own topics.

I place all 3 books into a parent book, also with its own TOC that covers all of the kids.

When I publish, the only TOC that is included is the one for the parent. All of the child content is present, except for the TOCs.

Is this an undocumented feature of Framemaker?  Is there a switch or process I can use to make sure that the TOCs, from the parent and the kids, all show up?

(I tried a mini-TOC, but that has to be added to each chapter rather than the whole book.)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Generated files from child books are ignored in a parent book - this was covered in another thread [I can't get the page numbers in my table of contents to update when I update the book.]

You can work around this by importing the respective TOCs by reference into FM files that are added to the either the master book structure or as part of the original books depending upon how your front matter material is arranged.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generated files from child books are ignored in a parent book - this was covered in another thread [I can't get the page numbers in my table of contents to update when I update the book.]

You can work around this by importing the respective TOCs by reference into FM files that are added to the either the master book structure or as part of the original books depending upon how your front matter material is arranged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems a little klunky, but it gets the job done.  Thanks.

I have to move the volume title page out of the volume to keep it in front of the TOCs.  And the volume and chapter numbering takes a little more effort to maintain, but nothing too painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines