Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the map title in ditamap?

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am working on manuals that are ditamaps with xml files as child topicrefs. I am doing manuals for the same product but under a different brand name and, therefore, it is most economical for me to copy the orginal product's and brand's manual and then just change names everywhere etc. However, I have been unable to discover how to change the map title of the ditamap. This is not a problem untill I convert the map to .book file and further save as pdf. The map title is very determined to stay in the top of the book document and also appear as the title of TOC. Therefore, it has to be changed to match the correct brand.

This ought to be a simple thing, however, I'm yet to discover it. Many thanks for all tips!

TOPICS
PDF output , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Problem solved by switching to Document view in ditamap and changing the title there and then back to tree view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saara,

You can leverage the use of templates(BookTitleTpl.fm) inside which you can use "$chaptertitlename " variable .

This variable will be replaced by "map title" of ditamap /converted book.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved by switching to Document view in ditamap and changing the title there and then back to tree view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines