• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to chunk topics within slave ditamaps?

Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to publish to HTML, I am using dita and xml. I have a parent ditamap (book map), which includes multiple ditamaps, each is a chapter, including individual dita topics. I would like to chunk these dita topics, which as said are inside the chapter ditamaps, such that each chapter appears on one HTML page. Otherwise, each individual topic appears on one HTML page. 

I tried chunk="to-content" in the chapter ditamaps, as an example:

<map>

<topicref keyref="introduction_computed_tomography" type="topic" chunk="to-content">
<topicref keyref="xray_basics" type="topic"/>
<topicref keyref="computed_tomography_basics" type="topic"/>
</topicref>

</map>

This chunks the individual topics but the links and figures are gone. Is there a better way of gluing the topics inside the ditamap together?

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5 , Structured , XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may wanna try using chunk=by-document

https://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/archSpec/chunking.html

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that didn't work. I got it work using dita-ot. By adding chucnk="to-content" to the lower level ditamaps. It then creates Chunkxxx.html files (xxx are numbers) which are getting referenced inside the index.html file. The appearance is not as good as the one in FrameMaker but it combines the topics as I want.

If I do the same in FrameMaker, the chunking is ignored. However, In FM, I was able to chucnk the whole book in one page by putting chucnk="to-content" on the master ditamap (dita book map). Ufortunately, this is not what I would like to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hadi,

could you share a small sample with me on how you are currently doing it by uploading it on google drive and sharing a link.

Thanks

Amitoj SIngh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amitoj, Thanks. Here is the Google drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KMWA_0_jWkRXowSAsJQJsNTo80Zu-Gq1

I managed to get a relatively OK HTML structure in FM by pulling the dita bookmap up to the main folder. It still shows each individual topics on one HTML page but at least it chunks the mini TOC of each chapter on one HTML page and the full TOC on the left. See the index file under the Responsive HTML5 folder. The chunkc="to-content" command is used but it does not influence the appearance, one built by FM. Try removing it, you'll get the same look. It has an influence in dita-ot though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hadi

Sorry not abe to download this. can you share a wetransfer link on my email address.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines