• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert cross refs to links without page numbers in Publishing pod to HTML output?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to convert Framemaker files to the Responsive HTML. I want the miniTOC for each chapter to convert to links without a page number reference. I want the same for other cross references-convert to hyperlink without page reference since it is HTML help and not linear.

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can control that with the mapping you do in your Publish Settings file to map FM paragraph and character tags to styles in the CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be a little more specific? Do I pick an output style like Extract and somehow change it to ne a hyperlink? Or am I wanting to create styles in Framemaker that are hyperlinked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out techcommtools​'s video on this Edit FrameMaker 12 Responsive HTML5 Layouts - YouTube - at about the 2 min mark he talks about the Style Mapping pane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Publish

Choose Responsive HTML5

Choose Edit Settings

Make sure the Style Mapping Tab is selected

Choose Cross Reference

Select the Cross Reference style that you use in your doc

Make sure that the building blocks selected do not include page numbers. (generally paraText only)

The mini TOC is a bit tricky.

I was helped with this by Rick Quatro.

You have to make a new definition for the mini TOC on the reference page, without the page numbers. (Remove the <$pagenum> building block from the help paragraphs)

Set a condition called Help (or something similar) on the reference page

Then before generating the help, you have to open all the files, apply this condition, do update book, and the Mini TOC appears without page numbers.

Hope this is what you wanted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines