Exit

How to Creat a Color?

Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

FM12 all patched up Windows 8.1.

I want to have the RGB color #2E74B5 to select from. I have tried this to no success (see the video):

1. Click View > Color Definitions.
  2. Select New Color from the Name list.
  3. Name the color.
  4. Set the color to RGB.
  5. Enter my color value 2E74B5.
  6. The color I want shows in the New area, whereas black shows in the current area.
  7. Whether I click Create, Update, or Done, my color doesn't get applied and my new color is black.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Hi Sean,

as far as I understand this is a bug, which was introduced in FM 12.0.4. According to the 12.0.4 ReadMe the update brought several changes to the color dialog:

1. The following updates are implemented in the View->Color->Definitions dialog:

• The slider moves based on the values entered in Red/Green/Blue text boxes.
    • The Color viewer is updated based on the entered value in Hex code of the color.
    • User can now enter integer RGB values instead of only percentage values.

I guess somewhere in the mix o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

as far as I understand this is a bug, which was introduced in FM 12.0.4. According to the 12.0.4 ReadMe the update brought several changes to the color dialog:

1. The following updates are implemented in the View->Color->Definitions dialog:

• The slider moves based on the values entered in Red/Green/Blue text boxes.
    • The Color viewer is updated based on the entered value in Hex code of the color.
    • User can now enter integer RGB values instead of only percentage values.

I guess somewhere in the mix of these three changes, some values got not properly set. Also I noticed that it does not always falls back to black, but to the "last color". When you first select e.g. "Forest Green" an then "New Color", you start with RGB(33,138,33). Then paste in 2E74B5 and click Update, and it will fall back to "Forrest Green".

There is also another bug related to this: When you enter the Hex code the preview color looks correct, the sliders are set, the RGB values are correct. Now change just one of those RGB values, and you'll notice that a "very different" blue will show up.

Workaround:

1. Create a new color.
  2. Type/Paste in the HEX-Value. Remember the three shown RGB Values (in your case: RGB(46,116,181)).
  3. Click Create. It falls back to Black.
  4. Now enter the three RGB values manually.
  5. Click Update.

Or just enter directly the RGB values instead of a hex value.

Solved in FrameMaker 2015:

This bug was solved in FrameMaker 2015 Release.

Cheers,

*Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something silly. Glad to see it's a FrameMaker bug that they won't resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was resolved. In FM 2015 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough. 2015 didn't quite do enough of what I needed to argue for the upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines