• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an interactive email contact field page using FrameMaker

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the FrameMaker interface (though have past experience with DreamWeaver) and cannot easily find HOW TO create a CONTACT page with fields for filling in the visitors' email addresses and other contact information. Please point me in the right direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/972735? or google "forms in Framemaker" for other hits.

Are you planning to have this present in the PDF output or are you trying to have this show up in some HTML generated from FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case of a PDF, InDesign has interactive forms build right in. You can set up the forms fields, and when you save to a PDF, they just work. In FrameMaker you can set up the underlying forms structure (lines, boxes) but you will have to add the forms fields in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I'm looking to have this an HTML page generated from FrameMaker in order for visitors to fill in their contact info such as an email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I'm wondering why you want to create the HTML page in FrameMaker, when you still have to use an HTML editor to set up the fields (and likely to refine the layout). FrameMaker doesn't have the ability to set up working forms fields for PDF (without a plug-in )or for HTML. Why not use Dreamweaver for the job, or if you no longer have access to it, use another HTML editor or a forms builder tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BarbBinder – I guess you could put in some mailto: type links in your FM content that would survive to HTML publishing, but I’ve never tried. Not sure if going via RH would be any easier…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You can always put a link to open form outside the HTML5 output help system. If you want make it part of help system and you already have HTML/Javascript content for form, you can customize the layout to include it. Or you can set that through page template in output settings.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines