Highlighted

How to display ANSI z535 properly using DITA

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create ANSI z535 compliant messages in our machine manuals using the <hazardstatement> and <messagepanel> elements in structured FrameMaker 2015? 

Using unstructured FrameMaker, I created ANSI-compliant messages easily by defining the needed style sheets for NOTICE, CAUTION, WARNING, and DANGER.

ANSI Z535.JPG

Using DITA in structured Frame 2015, the results don't display in a manner compliant with ANSI. 

NON ANSI Z535 FRAME MESSAGES.JPG

Can I achieve the results I need by modifying the EDD?  Should I use a text inset (ugh!)?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to display ANSI z535 properly using DITA

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create ANSI z535 compliant messages in our machine manuals using the <hazardstatement> and <messagepanel> elements in structured FrameMaker 2015? 

Using unstructured FrameMaker, I created ANSI-compliant messages easily by defining the needed style sheets for NOTICE, CAUTION, WARNING, and DANGER.

ANSI Z535.JPG

Using DITA in structured Frame 2015, the results don't display in a manner compliant with ANSI. 

NON ANSI Z535 FRAME MESSAGES.JPG

Can I achieve the results I need by modifying the EDD?  Should I use a text inset (ugh!)?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2017 0

Have something to add?