• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find words too long for column width (not text overflow)

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-08-31_17h48_31.jpg

Dear Framemaker community. I have a big problem with that, I spent a long time researching and couldn't find a solution. I don't know how to find too long words in tables, too long for a column width. It's not about a text overflow in table cell. I already scripted that. Here are a cells that are not overflowed in normal classic way. FM just breaks too long words into pieces without any warnings. I know I could hyphenate these places but I would love to know how to find these first. If you just give me a little clue how to find these places, I could script it for my needs, big thank you in advance! Les

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are familiar with scripting so I will give you an idea and let you develop the code. I would parse the paragraph into words (in case there is more than one word per paragraph). Then I would loop through the words one-by-one. Make a text range for each word and check the text range for an FTI_LineEnd item. This will tell you if that word is splitting to a new line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines