• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to generate a PDF output at desired location from the structure framemaker using command line arguments?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to automate the generation of customised user document (PDF) by enabling Ditaval-based filtering based on the item code. We need to launch FrameMaker and run the script by passing arguments such as Source (containing Ditamap, Topics, images), Ditaval file and output path for PDF on command line to generate customised document (PDF).

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KKhanna,

This type of thing can be done, but it requires an enormous amount of knowledge and overall engineering expertise. It is not a simple, direct question that someone could answer on a user-to-user forum. I think you need to either spend some months in a serious R&D effort, or be willing to pay someone who already has the expertise. This is like asking someone on an automotive forum "How do I build an engine?"

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Russ for the reply.

Well I was trying to do some hit and trial with FrameMaker. I could launch it and open the desired project in it through command prompt but i don't know how to move forward.

I have the source project and ditaval file to be applied on that project. Now i don't know what command should i give from command prompt to pass these parameters (Souce project , ditaval file, output folder)  to the FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines