• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to have different size pages in one FrameMaker manual?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I have both letter-size (8.5 X 11) and large (11 X 17 in) landscape pages in one manual? I have already created the large landscape master pages.

Do I have to have a different file for each large page (and blank following page) in a manual?

If so, how do I ensure the page and figure numbers are correct, and continue from the previous page/fig number in the preceding chapter file, and then continue properly in the chapter file following the inserted large-sized page file?

If one chapter has more than one large-sized page that needs to be inserted into it, how do I break up the chapter file to accommodate this, plus ensure the page and figure numbers remain correct and update correctly?

Thank you

JH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joan:

How do I have both letter-size (8.5 X 11) and large (11 X 17 in) landscape pages in one manual?

You are limited to one paper size in a FrameMaker file, so you will have to handle this with multiple FrameMaker files. You can control all numbering (page, chapter, figure and table) via the book window (including telling them to continue from the previous chapter in the book, or not). Just be sure they are all using the same flow tag—typically Flow A these days.

In terms of how to break them up in a file with multiple tabloid pages—open the original chapter, do a save as and keep the front section, delete the back pages, save. Open the original, save as, delete the front section, save the back pages, save. Put both sections into the book window and add the tabloid document in the middle. Adjust the numbering accordingly.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines