• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to I change the footer text in Azure Blue HTML5 template?

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Help request from a newbie at Framemaker 2019's HTML5 output. I am using Azure Blue scheme for creating the HTML5 output. Please help me in figuring out the control for changing the default "<Put footer content here>" text to the screen's footer.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Regards

Apurva

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

There's no footer setting built into it that I can find. I did some digging into the template Frame template folders. In C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\Publisher\Template\Document\PageTemplate, there is a base HTML template that includes that exact footer. This folder and the "outputs" folder are both in the Document folder, which also contains the Azure template. Is it possible that you've checked "Use HTML Page Template" in the "Options" section under "Manage Layout"? And

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

I think you need to find the file

HTMLTemplate.htm

and edit it there, to the required footer

Then make sure

"Use HTML Page Template"

is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screendump of that? I don't get  any footer prompts in my version of Azure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Please find attached the screenshot of the Azure Blue HTML5 output that shows the text <Put footer content here>. How do I edit this text? Couldn't find the controls to this footer.

ScreenshotScreenshot

Another question - for a Framemaker 2019 file of 112 pages (with referenced high resolution images), should it take 3 hours to produce the HTML5 output? The PDF from the same file is complete in a 1-2 minutes. Thanks!

Regards,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no footer setting built into it that I can find. I did some digging into the template Frame template folders. In C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\fminit\Publisher\Template\Document\PageTemplate, there is a base HTML template that includes that exact footer. This folder and the "outputs" folder are both in the Document folder, which also contains the Azure template. Is it possible that you've checked "Use HTML Page Template" in the "Options" section under "Manage Layout"? And then imported this or a similar template from the Frame files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Yes, I was using the HTML Page Template while producing the output. With that option uncheked, the problem is gone. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's just the output - what about your FM content and/or layout settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to find the file

HTMLTemplate.htm

and edit it there, to the required footer

Then make sure

"Use HTML Page Template"

is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Carolina,

I will try and edit the HTML template for modifying/deleting the footer.

Regards,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines