Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert Heading with box around character in TOC

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings;

I have headings that have character or number in square box. ( For example Resim1.png )

I couldn't find the exact symbol in character palette. After then I tried to insert character or number in text box in anchored frame. It worked. But when I update the TOC or index, I can't see text box in TOC. Is there any other procedure to write box around the character or number and to put it in TOC or index? Is there any suggestion to solve this problem? 

TOPICS
Feature request , Formatting and numbering , Structured , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to autogenerate a list that will include a text box, and I'm unaware of any fonts that would include the box elements you ask for. If you have to have these in the TOC, I think your only option is to wait until just before you go to final and insert them manually. Sorry. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I put the related symbols as a semi-manual. 😁 I identified a character tag. It is generated automatically in the TOC. Before final I put the square box around the characters. This is my method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines