• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make body text appear on another column?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a two-column master page layout I want to have a paragraph format that allows the text to be written starting on the right column irrespective of anything on the left side column.  (I want the text to begin where the black arrow is on my screenshot.)

How do I do this?!  Currently I can only get this to work if I have text on the left side of the column that has "Begin top of column" set as the paragraph format and I have the paragraph format set for the body text as "begin at top of column" also.

If I do not have any text on the left side, I cannot get the cursor on the right side column.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of two columns, you could use a single column with a side head. Using pagination properties you can choose which paragraphs are in the side head area and which are in column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So spin a clone of ¶Body named Body.top that has Pagination Start: Top of Column.

Make the left column instance of it blank, and use Body.top also for the next para.

The main issue with SideHead formatting is that it affects the entire document, and not just selected pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines