• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "save as PDF" a FrameMaker file with web fonts?

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (2017 release) FrameMaker file contains web fonts (the Font Awesome you can download there: https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery&m=free).

• When I "Save as PDF" my FrameMaker file, I get an error that says: 'An error occurred when opening thie file. File cannot be found'. No PDF file is produced and if I was replacing an existing pdf file, that pdf file is deleted.

• When I use the PDF printer, in the options I uncheck option 'Limit to system fonts, do not use document fonts.' (in French Se limiter aux polices système, ne pas utiliser les polices du document.) and the PDF file is produced. But that pdf file contains no links (I have several cross references). So I cannot send that pdf document to my customers.

I checked my Acrobat Settings, but I couldn't find any similar font option in the joboptions files.

I hope that you can help me produce a PDF file containing both web fonts and hyperlinks! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Hi Eleonore:

When you used the print to Adobe PDF, did you enable Generate Acrobat Data?

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 8.22.05 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since FrameMaker has its own mishegoss in terms of PDF creation, moving this thread to the FrameMaker forum.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first asked this question in the FrameMaker forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I first asked this question in the FrameMaker forum"

Yes, I see that - but you didn't mention that it was Font Awesome that you were trying to use (only that it was a webfont your company develops)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Yes, I see that - but you didn't mention that it was Font Awesome that you were trying to use (only that it was a webfont your company develops)"

That's because I posted it before watching Matt Sullivan techcommtools video on Font Awesome , now I use both (and issues are the same)!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleonore:

When you used the print to Adobe PDF, did you enable Generate Acrobat Data?

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 8.22.05 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you need to embed the font in the PDF for it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Don't you need to embed the font in the PDF for it to work?"

This is something I tried to force in the joboptions, but it didn't affect my (absence of) output.

('Toujours incorporer' means 'Always embed')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines