Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set up Appendix in TOC in FM 17?

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up the number for the chapter so it shows the letter A:

However, the TOC is still referencing it as a chapter. How do I get it to say Appendix A in the TOC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

You do not have a tag a ChapterTitle but I see one highlighted called ChapterName. Just substitute ChapterName in my directions above.

Tag names should be short and descriptive. The exact name or spelling doesn’t matter.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the TOC is displaying Chapter 3 instead of Appendix A, or is it saying Chapter A? Your screenshot for the Appendix still has the word "Chapter" under the A, so I'm unsure how you have it set up.

How do you have your autonumbering set up for the appendix tag, and how do you have it set up for the TOC version for the appendix tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC is displaying Chapter 3 instead of Appendix A. We'd also like to change the word "Chapter" within the actual appendix to "Appendix".

This is how the autonumbering is set up for the Appendix:

I have no updated any settings for the TOC as I wasn't sure if I needed to/what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's not the autonumbering I'm referring to. I'm talking about the Numbering tab in the Paragraph Designer for the tags you set up to number the Appendix IN the Appendix and the tag set up by Frame to format the appearance in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh okay Here is what I see:

I don't seem to have SN section_number. Are you saying that it needs to be manually added?

What specific settings would this need to be set to? Style, Format, etc. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Section Number just happens to be one of my tags that shows the sort of thing you need. What we need to see is how YOUR autonumbering is set up for the tags you're using to format the chapter numbering and appendix numbering and the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand as I provided a screenshot of the autonumbering. What are the specifics that this needs to be set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel:

I think the simplest approach is:

• Assign the ChapterTitle tag to the Appendix Title
  • Change the name to AppendixTitle and Create Style
  • Edit Paragraph Designer > Numbering to something like:
    Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 8.52.25 AM.png
  • In the TOC set-up dialog box, choose both ChapterTitle and AppendixTitle.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

We don't seem to have Title has an option under Style.

Is there another method to be used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not have a tag a ChapterTitle but I see one highlighted called ChapterName. Just substitute ChapterName in my directions above.

Tag names should be short and descriptive. The exact name or spelling doesn’t matter.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines