• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to specify on an EDD different numbering sequences for sections, tables and figures?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document for which I'd like to have independent autonumbering for chapter, sections, tables and figures.

For example,  consider the following structure which the numbers for each are independent. More importantly, my EDD is based on docbook's markup, so it seems a bit different case than what is described here ). I've tried the "T:<n+>", "F:<n+>" suggestions but without success.

1. chapter

1.1 section

1.1 figure

1.2 figure

1.3 figure

1.2 section

1.3 section

1.1 table

1.4. figure

1.2 table

1.4 section

It seems FM allows for only one counter per context level. Thus, the result for the example above is that the 2nd number is always be increasing by 1 instead. (e.g. "1.2 section" is numbered as  "1.5 section")

Thanks.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've figured out the issue I was having on my EDD. As it turns out this post has also been helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines