• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML version won't browse index subentries

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our document will primarily be used in the html version so we really have to make sure users can search for their problem. We realized quickly that using the regular serach will usually not solve the problem (especially if the keywords used are broad or the user doesn't know the correct term) so we decided to optmize our index to display the correct results.

Now we are the ones experiencing problems: If we browse the index, it won't show sub entries. Ever. It seems like it only browses the first level.

Example: In this case, my search for "aktiver Dozent" will show no results because it's a second level subentry, only "Umfrage" (the first level) is browsable.

Index example.png

Is this a bug or is there anything we can do about it? Do you have any alternative solutions (such as working with search metadata)?

Edit: Used version: FM 15

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Hi,

This is a known issue and surfaced recently. We are working on a fix for the same and it will be available shortly.

Reference: Search Engine Optimization for Responsive HTML Output

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it's FM2015, not FM15 - are you all patched up? What output format are you publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for replying!

Sure, it's FrameMaker2015.

We are currently using the standard publishing option for HTML. Does that answer your question?

I will check with my team though if we are all patched up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the responsive HTML5 option or just regular WebHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's responsive? (It adjusts to the size of my browser)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so what's happening? If you open the index up & start typing, you're getting hits for only the main index entries? I think that's the expected behaviour IIRC - you should be able to use the "Search" button to find those 2nd level entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a known issue and surfaced recently. We are working on a fix for the same and it will be available shortly.

Reference: Search Engine Optimization for Responsive HTML Output

~Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Ok then…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhishek – I just checked how my WebHelp index behaves when created in RH & it only “jumps” to the main index entry; not any of the sub-entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa

Thanks for reporting the issue, yes currently it is not able to search in sub-entries. 

It is easy to search just sub-entries, it would be more interesting to look the way you are searching with entry and sub-entry combinations.

We will look into it.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amit Jha,

How do you search just sub-entries?

@Jeff_Coatsworth thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

And thanks to Abhishek, even though that's in RoboHelp, it should be the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lisa

Currently it is not there, what I mean

It should be easy implementation to search just sub-entries

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines