Highlighted

HTML5 Output Bringing in Strange Headers

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking my first, cautious steps into the world of Responsive HTML5.

The default output actually looks pretty good.

The problem is that it seems to be bringing in some weird, unrelated headers from somewhere that appears to be buried deep in the output template FM files.

Example:

Below, I searched for "control" and got a result:

The weirdness is that title "Preventing Vehicle Rollover". Nowhere in the book that I used to generate this output is that title used. We have used that title before, in other documentation, but not here--it's not in the XML or the map files used to create the book.

Out of curiosity, I opened the chapter output templates in Notepad++, and I found the title in a few different places, like this:

and this:

At one point, I tried using a "clean" chapter output template and the search titles came out as "Safety":

Where are these bad titles coming from, and how do I get my HTML5 output to use the correct titles; those being "153 - Hydraulics - etc."?

It looks like this was coming in from the file info attached to the output template. File > File Info let me delete the unwanted title information.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

156

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HTML5 Output Bringing in Strange Headers

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking my first, cautious steps into the world of Responsive HTML5.

The default output actually looks pretty good.

The problem is that it seems to be bringing in some weird, unrelated headers from somewhere that appears to be buried deep in the output template FM files.

Example:

Below, I searched for "control" and got a result:

The weirdness is that title "Preventing Vehicle Rollover". Nowhere in the book that I used to generate this output is that title used. We have used that title before, in other documentation, but not here--it's not in the XML or the map files used to create the book.

Out of curiosity, I opened the chapter output templates in Notepad++, and I found the title in a few different places, like this:

and this:

At one point, I tried using a "clean" chapter output template and the search titles came out as "Safety":

Where are these bad titles coming from, and how do I get my HTML5 output to use the correct titles; those being "153 - Hydraulics - etc."?

It looks like this was coming in from the file info attached to the output template. File > File Info let me delete the unwanted title information.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

157

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this was coming in from the file info attached to the output template. File > File Info let me delete the unwanted title information.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Nov 03, 2017 0