• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 table formatting bug in Frame 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing the HTML5 output of Frame 2017 and it is messing up my table formats. The tables formatted fine in HTML5 output for both Frame 12 and 2015 and I did not have to change any table mapping styles in either version. Here's a nicely formatted sample table in HTML5 from 2015:

Frame12-TableFormat.png

And here's how it renders in 2017. Again, I did not change any table settings in the 2017 fm files nor in the table style mapping.

Frame2015-TableFormat.png

The other strange thing, is that the 2017 tables render correctly if I publish individual files, but look like the one above when I publish the book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same settings file (*.sts) in FM 12, 2015 and 2017? That is, did you open your older FM 12 / 2015 settings file in FM 2017? Or are you using FrameMaker's "Default.sts" file shipped with each of these versions? Also, which layout are you using? FM 2017 ships with four default layouts (Azure, Charcoal, Indigo and Ocean).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I imported my 2015 Settings.sts into 2017 because I've made a lot of paragraph mapping changes in 2015 to get those to behave in HTML and didn't want to redo them. So I just republished the book using the Default.sts in /fminit/Publisher without changing any settings and the table columns are still compressed as in my 2nd screenshot. I also just tried the Indigo and Ocean layouts, but they generated the same table formatting results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , We have looked into the problem and are working on providing a solution for that.Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Was this issue resolved in the new 2017 Update 1 patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

Yes we have fixed this issue in update one .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines