Highlighted

HTML5 vs Mobile App Output

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in FM 2015, and I was under the impression that the mobile app output would look essentially the same as the HTML5 output in terms of how the text is presented. However, I just discovered that a paratag using checkboxes appears correctly in HTML5, but appears as o's (i.e. incorrectly) in mobile app. I thought my style settings applied to all outputs across the board, so I'm not understanding why it appears one way in one output and another way in a different output. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HTML5 vs Mobile App Output

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in FM 2015, and I was under the impression that the mobile app output would look essentially the same as the HTML5 output in terms of how the text is presented. However, I just discovered that a paratag using checkboxes appears correctly in HTML5, but appears as o's (i.e. incorrectly) in mobile app. I thought my style settings applied to all outputs across the board, so I'm not understanding why it appears one way in one output and another way in a different output. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for reporting the issue.

You are right, Mobile output should look similar as HTML5. It might be some font on mobile device it not available.

Can you please provide more details at amitjha@adobe.com?

On which mobile device you are checking the output?

Can you please share the sample FM document you are getting the issue with?

Have you checked the output on the same mobile device browser.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue is due to non-availability of font on mobile device. If you generate HTML5 and view on mobile you will get same behavior. As a workaround you can replace your checkbox with the image of checkbox. Detail steps are mentioned below:

1) Open para designer and in your checkbox style change “o\t” to “\t”

2) Open sts editor(Publish Pod--> Edit settings) and in your checkbox character style. Provide background image and set Background-repeat to no-repeat.

3) Generate and view mobile app.

Thanks,

Sameer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2015 0