• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in PDF not working while working in Framemaker 2015

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book with many document and lots of hyperlink between the documents.
While I'm on framemaker those links are working perfectly (Ctrl-Alt-click opens the proper document) but when I save as PDF, the links seems to exist but are not working anymore.

The links are only between the same book.

It seems to be the same issue as Hyperlinks in FrameMaker 8 File don't work consistently when PDF'd , but the solutions proposed are not working for me.

I am using FM 13.0.2.433

Any help will be very appreciated.

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

First, update to 13.0.5 via the Help menu.

After that, follow the suggestions at http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

If you're still having trouble, let us know.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Tech Comm Tools tips on his page and of course updating to Update 5 for FM 2015:

In FrameMaker, go to > Format > Document > Optimize PDF Size > Options... and set it up like this:

Then, go to > Format > Document > Optimize PDF Size > Optimize File... and run the optimizer on your book or document.

This process reorganizes the objects including Cross-References in your book internally and should solve exactly your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's what that dialog is for!!

I just added your note to the end of my http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/post!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, Stefan,

Thank you for providing an answer on such short notice.
However I did update FM, checked the pdf tips and trick page and tried to optimize the book and yet it didn't work.

If you have any other ideas please do not hesitate.

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar issue with PDF Optimization and hyperlinks between PDF documents not working.  I followed your steps, but I still get this error. I am using FrameMaker 2020.  In my case, the relative path for both PDF files are that they reside in their respective FM files folders.  I have gotten the links to work once for the first four hyperlinks, but not again. After the fourth link, Acrobat closes the source document and creates a second PDF copy of the destination document. Owners' Manual us source linking to the destination Sales and Operations Manual.

[PDFSize] Error: Cannot open file Section10.fm.
Error: Cannot open file Section10.fm.
[PDFSize] Dumping Error Information
[PDFSize]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm you are:

• Printing to .ps using the Standard or High Quality setting, then running file through Distiller with same PDF job option
  • Deselecting the Use Doc Fonts option
  • Creating CMYK
  • Setting the Generate Acrobat Data option to True (may not have been in my post...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Printing to .ps using the Standard or High Quality setting, then running file through Distiller with same PDF job option. YES
  • Deselecting the Use Doc Fonts option. YES
  • Creating CMYK. YES
  • Setting the Generate Acrobat Data option to True (may not have been in my post...)  YES

Every parameters is has you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, you've run across something I've not personally experienced before, and you should take this up with Adobe tech support. If and when you resolve it, please let us know the fix.

I'll gladly add it to my tally of PDF fixes so that it can help the next person.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they links or cross references? When you print the PDFs, do you print the book as one PDF or separate PDFs? If you print as separate PDFs, are all of the PDFs located in the same folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines