Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks/Named Destination list

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm building a document and I am finding it increasingly difficult and frustrating to "remember" all the links and named destinations I created on a page, section, document, etc.

My customers seem to want all the bells and whistles of html but not in html.  I offered to use RoboHelp so that then I can author in html, but I can publish it into whatever format they wanted, but they declined.  Why, I have no idea.

So now, I'm building a book in Framemaker.  Is there an easy way to display all the links and named destinations in a file so I can easily click on them and link them together?  Currently, I have to:

1. Remember where the information is because there's no "at a glance" feature I can find so click on a file in the book and see the links and named destinations.

2. Open the file.

3. Scroll to find a marker. 

4. Click on it to learn its name.

5. Copy the link name.

5. Go back to the original file.

6. Click where I want the link to be.

7. Add the link by copying and pasting the information copied in step 5.

8. Highlight the word(s), change the style to 'hyperlink' so the user will know that's a link.

Really - is there any other way?  It's becoming unmanagable and I may just have to revisit the whole RoboHelp thing with them again because I'm bound to make mistakes and omissions using this method...

I'm using Framemaker 12

thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any reason for not using cross-references?

You can always create a List of Markers for your named destinations and links to have a file that shows these and makes them active links so that you can jump to them as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines