• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hypertext links in Framemaker do not convert correctly in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem occurring when I save file or print book to PDF in Framemaker 12. Some of the hypertext links are placed correctly, but some of them are placed over the text immediately preceding the markers, or around a single space immediately preceding the markers, or are not created at all. The problem does not occur with cross reference links. I've tried with the "Create Named Destinations for all Elements and Paragraphs" checkbox checked and unchecked. The documents are localized from English into multiple languages, resulting in my having to manually adjust or create the necessary links in multiple PDFs, which is far too time-consuming to be effective.

Is this just a bug, or is there something I need to be doing to ensure that the link is generated around the correct text in the paragraph? I do have instances where it works as you'd expect, but it seems to be hit or miss.

Attached images contain examples of FM and PDF.

2017-01-19_8-46-49.jpg

2017-01-19_8-47-29.jpg

2017-01-19_9-04-53.jpg

2017-01-19_9-05-43.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

The marker needs to be inside the character format. When it's at the beginning like yours, you have to check to see if it is inside or outside. I use the arrow keys to figure it out. It works with X-refs because it's automatically inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The marker needs to be inside the character format. When it's at the beginning like yours, you have to check to see if it is inside or outside. I use the arrow keys to figure it out. It works with X-refs because it's automatically inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines