Highlighted

Hyphen in HTML link created from cross reference

New Here ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my FM2017 document there is a cross reference to text in a table column which has a hyphen in it.

Example:

column 1  | column 2

--------------------

some loo- | ...

oong text | ...

The cross reference in FM looks correct, with no hyphen if the line is long enough.

Example:

see "some loooong text" on page 123

In the generated HTML5, however, the hyphen shows in the original position, although it is unnecessary here.

Example:

some loo-oong text

This effect occurs both with an automatically inserted hyphen (by FM itself) and with a soft hyphen (CTRL + hyphen). Any ideas what else I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hyphen in HTML link created from cross reference

New Here ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my FM2017 document there is a cross reference to text in a table column which has a hyphen in it.

Example:

column 1  | column 2

--------------------

some loo- | ...

oong text | ...

The cross reference in FM looks correct, with no hyphen if the line is long enough.

Example:

see "some loooong text" on page 123

In the generated HTML5, however, the hyphen shows in the original position, although it is unnecessary here.

Example:

some loo-oong text

This effect occurs both with an automatically inserted hyphen (by FM itself) and with a soft hyphen (CTRL + hyphen). Any ideas what else I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2018 0

Have something to add?