• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't generate a PDF in FrameMaker 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in FrameMaker 2019 and Adobe Acrobat since last fall. I was just upgraded to a new laptop, and now I can't get FrameMaker 2019 to generate a PDF, either by the Save as PDF function or the Publish function. Here is the error message I keep getting.

The new laptop is a Windows 10 computer (versus Windows 7), but it has Print to PDF set up as far as I can tell. The strange thing is that this laptop was previously used by a former member of our team so it came pre-installed with FrameMaker 2019 and Adobe Acrobat. She had been using it for several months.

I can create PDFs just fine using the Acrobat extension in Word.

Any ideas? Do I need to reinstall FrameMaker, Acrobat? Is it a Windows issue?

Thank you,

Nora Smart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nora,

Best to reach out to customer support team and they could help you out with the same.

thanks
Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there was a bug that was stopping the installation of the Adobe PDF printer instance in your list of Windows printers. I recall other threads mentioning this and suggesting workarounds to install it manually, but your best be is to reach out to FM folks at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to fix this issue by installing the latest updates of Acrobat DC. It's still having quirky issues, but at least I can generate a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines